So are there any other Grandmas out there that do what I do when you are in charge of a grandchild?
I offered to babysit little Courtney Rose so that Jaxon & Megan could celebrate Jaxon's B-Day. I can honestly say that Being around little ones the second time around is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. I pray my own kids will forgive me for my shortcomings while I was a young mother. I tried my best and know I failed you at times but the love was always there and I warned you often that you were my guinea pigs...since I had never been a mother before.
While watching Courtney I was totally into her and nothing else. She was so entertaining, so insightful, so innocent and so loving! I could no wrong in her eyes. We went for a walk and picked "fowlers", we looked an airplanes 'in the clouds grandma", we read the book about "a really hot day, grandma" over and over and I didn't even mind! She let me know what she wanted for dinner and then proceeded to get her own bowl. Unlike when I was a young mother, I didn't have to do laundry, didn't having a tub to scrub, the phone was never for me, and every ounce of my attention was in her hands to do as she pleased. Thank you Jaxon & Megan for the privilege of watching your daughter for it is I that learn from her and it brings me back to the days I will cherish forever.
4 comments:
Adorable!
Jill, you are quite the grandmother. I can tell and what a reward for being such a great mother and daughter. Love you
Jill, I love to see you with the Grandkids. Love, Ronnie
She is such a joy to be around (except when the screaming begins). Thanks for all you do Mom!!
Post a Comment