No more Junior Miss Programs, fundraisers every weekend, senior parties, field days, lock-ins, PTO Boards, report cards, read-a-thons, or school dances? No more first dates, back to school nights, drivers license tests, parent-teacher conferences, team dinners or chaperoning? No more yearbooks, senior pictures, tardies, school lunches, walking around the corner in sub-zero weather?
No more after midnight talks, sharing tears over boys...or girls..., throwing cookies on to the bar, toilet papering, clever ways to ask and answer to dances, spirit days, day-dates, curfews?
Where have all those wonderful years gone? The memories come back so quickly! Did I enjoy my children enough? Did I listen to them enough? Did I lecture too much? What memories will they have of me as they grew up? Are they prepared to meet their future? Did they get enough hugs from mom and dad? Will they still need me?
Ron and I find ourselves in a new place in our lives...together again...without many interruptions. "Jill, we are going to have to find things that we both enjoy doing together again." It really is an interesting feeling after consuming myself with my children for 26 years and then accepting they really are gone! I guess it's good they don't need me...maybe I taught them something! Now all the games I will watch will be the next generation! I can't wait to attend my first piano recital as Grandma Jill! I hope my tandem bike is still around when the grandkids can reach the pedals!
But most of all I can't wait until the T.I.M.E. when we have our Annual Ron Anderson Family Reunion. See you in a couple of months kids!
11 comments:
Can't wait JIll Marie... and you did an excellent job in raising us thus far :)
Can you believe how fast all of that went! and yes, you put your heart and soul into everything and it shows in a wonderful way
you are the best mother that us five could have mom. And we had a wonderful childhood being raised under your roof. Now your family is twice as big and we have twice the memories to make! Can't wait for August either! Love you mom.
I know im not your child but I cant tell you how many memories I have at your house....Like remember when I ran into your glass door :)I love your family and hope you all are doing great!!
Crazy how fast time goes!! i haven't seen your blog in a while but this post brought back PLENTY of memories for me (and almost a tear :))..most MHS parties, programs blah blah blah you were there behind the scenes...
you are awesome. You have a great family--you and Ron are going to have a blast!
Where does time go?! I keep asking myself that same question..
Good luck to you and all of your amazing kids! You look great in all the pictures. Looks like the camera is a success.
You did a great job as parents! I know your kids, and they are all wonderful, and they have great values, and are carrying on in the ways that you raised them. Your posts reminds me of Sister Hinckley's quote:
"I know it is hard for you young mothers to believe that almost before you can turn around the children will be gone and you will be alone with your husband. You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship that will be delightful and enduring. Let the children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and he, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley (Small and Simple Things)
Aww...that's probably really bittersweet for you two. Congrats to Maddie. First thing that comes to mind is a certain kind of game you told me about once...something to do with playing tag?? I dare not say more, for there might be little children reading this--so we'll keep it G rated. If you don't know what I'm referring to, I'll have to send you a FB message or something. :)
You have been an excellent example to me, and now you can just enjoy being a grandma! You and Ronaldo can always take a trip together and enjoy NC!
For some reason I am crying right now. I guess it's because I love you so much and because all those things you listed about games and recitals etc... brought back many memories to me too. Memories of how you and Dad were always in the stands cheering and always in the audience watching me/us. I will remember a "plethora" of things about you Mom. You have been one in a million. I love you!
Shweezie
p.s. I still want coookies thrown on the bar kitty :)
oh kilt. you are the most amazing mother anyone could ever ask for. I love you. Let's be real....Let's be fun....nut LETS NOT BE REAL FUN!!!
Post a Comment